EFL Teacher Required in Marbella for Jan 2023
Details of Position
Due to popular demand for our language courses, we are currently looking to hire one more professional, pro-active and native-level speaking EFL teacher who is passionate about teaching.
"ADVANCE Language School" is situated in Marbella, Andalucia in Southern Spain. Being one of the leading schools in the area, we have an excellent reputation for offering a high standard of language education and are continually striving to achieve the best possible results. We have around 400 students in total and teach young learners aged from 5 years old, teenagers and adults. "ADVANCE Language school" is also a Cambridge and Trinity exam centre and our learners take their official exams at our school.
The teaching will be made up of 60% young learner/teenager classes and 40% adult classes. The majority of our students prepare for the Cambridge exams starting at 7 years old with "Starters, Movers and Flyers" and go on to take other Cambridge Main Suite exams at A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 levels. Therefore, experience with Cambridge Exams is necessary. We also provide General English and Business English classes to adults and professionals.
The main duties include:
- Prepare and plan classes incorporating a communicative approach to teaching.
- Teach 24 hours per week at a variety of levels from beginner through to upper intermediate/advanced levels.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development training sessions.
- Qualifications: CELTA or TESOL
- 1 year classroom teaching experience
- Experience with Young Learners and Cambridge exams valued.
- EU national/valid work permit or TIE
- University degree is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Spanish to B1 level is an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary of 1400 euros
- All local and national holidays paid including 10 days at Christmas and 5 days at Easter.
- 9 month renewable contract with possibility of working in summer school in July.
- Social Security paid.
- Help finding accommodation and getting residency documents. (We have a list of landlords/landladies and the rent per month for a studio or one bedroomed apartment is usually between 500/550 euros.)