English Teacher in Marbella
We are currenty looking to recruit one more enthusiastic and passionate EFL Teacher to join our team of teachers in Marbella, Southern Spain, to teach General English and Cambridge exam classes to young learners, teenagers and adults. The position is for a native-level speaking English teacher with CELTA, preferably a degree, and 2 years experience. Some online teaching experience necessary.
Competitive salary: 1350 euros NET + nine month contract with option of working in summer school.
Details of Position
"ADVANCE Language School" is situated in Marbella, Andalucia in Southern Spain. Being one of the leading schools in the area, we have an excellent reputation for offering a high standard of language education and are continually striving to achieve the best possible results. We have around 450 students in total and teach young learners aged from 4 years old, teenagers and adults. "ADVANCE Language school" is also a Cambridge and Trinity exam centre and our learners take their official exams at our school.
The teaching will be made up of 50% young learners/teenagers classes and 50% adult classes. The majority of our students prepare for the Cambridge exams starting at 7 years old with "Starters, Movers and Flyers" and go on to take other Cambridge Main Suite exams at A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 levels. Therefore, experience with Cambridge Exams is preferred. We also provide General English and Business English classes to adults and professionals.
Most students are taught in groups with a maximum class size of 10 students although teachers will also teach some one-2-one classes.
ADVANCE has a great team of teachers, a lovely working atmosphere and with 25 years of experience we make sure that teachers are well looked after, paid well and have an opportunity to develop their professional careers in English Language teaching.
The main duties include:
- Prepare and plan classes incorporating a communicative approach to teaching.
- Teach 25 hours per week at a variety of levels from beginner through to upper intermediate/advanced levels.
- Attend staff meetings/professional development training sessions.
- Qualifications: CELTA or Trinity.
- 2 years teaching experience + Some online teaching experience
- Experience with Young Learners and Cambridge exams valued.
- EU national/valid work permit.
- University degree is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Spanish
Please send photo, covering letter and CV to Gema.