DaF Lehrer/in Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid (School)
Teach German in a school in Spain: new opening in Madrid! No matter what your background and level of Spanish are, you can apply. Receive a monthly income (1,227€ per month), certified teaching related training, valuable experience in a school, and the opportunity to explore a country. APPLY BY JUNE 20th!
“Unterrichten verschiedener Altersgruppen (von Schülern bis hin zu Kollegen), die Möglichkeit seine eigenen Ideen und Kreativität einzubringen sowie die Chance einen Online-Kurs an der Universität zu absolvieren, die spanische Kultur kennenzulernen und, und, und. Für mich war es genau die richtige Entscheidung, in Spanien Deutsch zu unterrichten und ich würde es immer wieder tun. Warum? Lest selbst!” (Current Meddeas German Language Assistant)
Selected candidate will:
• Join a Spanish school to cooperate as a German language assistant with 24 teaching hours per week, starting in September 12th 2018 until June 11th 2019, with the same holidays as the school.
• Get initial training and teacher workshops.
• Receive foreign languages-teaching related certified course, given by a Spanish university (paid by the programme).
• Receive a monthly grant: 1,227€ per month.
• Get help with the process and opening a bank account.
• Have ongoing in-country support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas.
• Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
• Enjoy paid school holidays (except for summer period).
• School is located in Madrid outskirts.
• Teach Primary and Secondary school students (aged 2 – 10 or 10 – 16).
• Full cover to the National Health insurance.
To be eligible, you must:
• Be a native-level German speaker.
• Qualifications: any degree (obtained after 2014).
• Spanish language is not required/needed.
• Have intermediate English skills (B2).
• Enjoy working with children and/or young people.
• Be energetic and imaginative.
• Have no prior criminal convictions.
Meddeas (Multilingual Education Development and Support) is a Spanish organization with presence in five countries that supports multilingual teaching in educational centres. It provides consultancy services, selects native teachers, delivers teachers´ refresher courses, promotes school to school international exchanges and manages language assistant programs.