English Language Teacher, Colombia
ProCredit Language Centre is a division of ProCredit Academy, an internal training facility that provides a part-time programme over three years for management staff in the ProCredit group. Headed by a parent company in Frankfurt am Main, the group consists of 22 banks in Latin America, Africa and Eastern Europe.
The language centre in Colombia offers 6-week residential courses throughout the year for staff from Latin America. We are currently recruiting for an experienced EFL teacher to deliver lessons in Colombia with a strong possibility of future work if all goes well.
Working with a team of two supportive teachers who know the ProCredit group well, your main responsibilities will be:
- preparing and delivering lessons following a flexible programme outline;
- giving quality feedback on presentations and writing skills as well as grammar;
- compiling two reports on each participant (language assessment and a personality profile);
- moderating classroom discussions on a broad range of social and topical issues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- English to native standard and a knowledge of other languages
- a degree in any subject, but ideally economics, politics or linguistics
- a teaching qualification (at least CELTA or equivalent)
- proven classroom experience of at least 3 years, ideally working with adults
- strong social skills and a team-oriented approach to work
- an independent and flexible approach
Unlike many language centres, we tailor our lessons to the needs of our students and do not rely heavily on textbook methods. We always incorporate a diverse range of social and academic subjects in the programme, and you will be given ample opportunity to practise your own methods with the support of a small and friendly team.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org