DaF Lehrer/in a School in Gerona (Spain)
Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Teach German and English in a school in Girona (Spain)! Receive a monthly income (1,064€ per month), certified teaching-related training (paid by the programme), valuable experience in a school, ongoing in-country support, and the opportunity to explore a country.
- Deadline: July 25th
- Programme length: September 12th 2018 until June 11th 2019
“Unterrichten verschiedener Altersgruppen (von Schülern bis hin zu Kollegen), die Möglichkeit seine eigenen Ideen und Kreativität einzubringen sowie die Chance einen Online-Kurs an der Universität zu absolvieren, die spanische Kultur kennenzulernen und, und, und. Für mich war es genau die richtige Entscheidung, in Spanien Deutsch zu unterrichten und ich würde es immer wieder tun. Warum? Lest selbst!”, former participant with Meddeas.
Highlights of the programme:
• Professional placement in a Spanish school, teaching 22 hours per week, as a Language Assistant.
• Certified course given by a Spanish university and paid by the programme
• Guaranteed monthly pay: 1,064€ per month (more than enough to live in Spain as a young professional)
• Spanish public healthcare coverage
• Help opening a bank account
• Ongoing in-country support from the school’s tutor and from Meddeas
• Initial training and teaching workshops
• Certificate of completion at the end of the programme
• School located in Girona
• Secondary students (aged 12 – 16)
• Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
• No fees attached
The Role of a Language Assistant
A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
To be eligible, you must:
• Be a native-level German speaker.
• Qualifications: any degree (obtained after 2014).
• Spanish language is not required/needed.
• Have advanced English skills (C1).
• Enjoy working with children and/or young people.
• Be energetic and imaginative.
• Have no prior criminal convictions.