CREATIVE ENGLISH TEACHER INTERESTED IN ART - MORNINGS
We are looking for an English teacher to conduct art-related speaking activities with large groups of children (up to 25 kids, ages 5-14) in a busy museum setting.
The activities revolve around 20th century art, but there are no hands-on arts and crafts involved, so you don’t need to be an artist yourself!
Schedule: THURSDAY and FRIDAY MORNINGS, 10am-11am (on days with a single session) or 10am-12,30am (on days with a double session).
Commitment: you must be available from the second half of January to the beginning of May
All sessions last about an hour, require relatively little preparation and take place in central Barcelona. You will be paid 30€/activity. Preference will be given to autónom@s and/or teachers who can invoice through a coop. The successful candidate will receive paid training.
This position would be ideal for somebody who already has a consistent volume of work in the afternoons and is looking for extra hours in the mornings.
Please apply ONLY if you meet ALL of the following requirements:
• You’re native/totally bilingual
• You already live in Barcelona
• You’re already working and you would like a few extra hours in the mornings
• You are 100% available on the days and timeslots outlined above
• You have an ESL certificate (CELTA/TESOL/TEFL) or other relevant qualification
• You have experience working with groups of children and teens and you love it
• You’re interested in 20th century art. It’s not about knowledge, it’s about attitude – you need to have an open mind and be enthusiastic, curious and willing to learn more.
Please apply using this link: https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/M2B83R6 AND send us your CV AND A COVER LETTER telling us why you’re excited about this position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview mid January. Thank you!